Another dead blog?
No. Absolutely not!
It has been a long time since I put up a blog post but I just wanted to give an update on where I am personally and where we are as a group.
Where have you been?
The truth here is that it’s been a busy few months. I have come to realise that I need to make a few changes in my personal life and, to that end, I’ve been spending some more time with my family.
Covid has affected my job recently and we’ve been forced to downsize within our team. That has left me working extra hours to stay on top of things. It’s also made me realise that it’s time to search for a new job and that’s takin a lot more time than I’d expected.
Hopefully, I’ll be able to catch up on the blog over the coming weeks.
And what about the group?
So you’re probably wondering what’s been happening with the Accidental Heroes. Well, the good news is that although I’ve not been posting, we’ve still been playing and we’ve settled into a comfortable rhythm. As I write this we are preparing for what is likely to be our final session of Act I.
We’ve also gone from a group of friends who were playing Dungeons & Dragons to a group who play Dungeons & Dragons. It’s a subtle difference but an important one.
A couple of highlights;
- The personal story arcs of each character are beginning to progress.
- We’ve had our first death.
- More and more sessions include a good amount of homebrew content.
- I have now, more or less, fleshed out the storyboard for the rest of the campaign.
- Everyone is level 4.
- Two of the party now have magical items. One of them is sentient.
- Durin has managed to hit something with his Warhammer. Finally.
- Er…how do I put this. Lucius is a 10-year-old boy now.
So, what happens next?
- Act I will conclude when the group leaves Wave Echo Cave. Im expecting this to happen next Friday.
- The interlude might prove to be as long as Act I.
- They’ll get the chance to head to Thundertree which they have avoided so far.
- There will be a homebrew section dedicated almost entirely to Durin, the quietest in our group.
- They will complete a heavily adapted version of The Sunless Citadel from Tales from the Yawning Portal. During this time they will play as different characters, over a hundred years in the past, and they’ll be introduced to the BBEG of the campaign.
- Act II will be The Storm King’s Thunder.
- Act III will be almost entirely homebrew.
What else is going on?
- I got a little player experience recently when I participated in the Dungeons & Dragons Adventurers League 2020 Celebration. We played through some small sessions that gave an introduction to Rime of the Frostmaiden and Tasha’s Cauldron of Everything.
- I am participating in this year’s Autumn RPG Writers Workshop.
As I say, it’s been a busy couple of months and I’m sorry that I’ve not been around but, no….this is not another dead blog. The future is bright….